Select your status

We’ve gathered some helpful resident resources and quick responses to any questions you might have. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, please contact us at the main office.


    General FAQs

  • Do I need to notify Hunt when I will be away from my home for more than two weeks?

    • Residents who will be away from their homes more than fourteen (14) days must notify the Resident Services Office. The resident should leave an emergency contact number with Management in case of emergencies. 

  • Do I need to report changes that would affect my housing status?

    • Changes in pay, number of dependents, duty location, etc. must be reported to the Neighborhood Management Offices within fourteen (14) days. All information regarding your residence needs to remain current in the Neighborhood Management Office including phone numbers, automobile registration, pet information and emergency contacts. 

  • How do I report neighborhood issues?

    • Your Resident Services Office (RSO) is open Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM to assist with your needs. You may call or visit to discuss any concerns. Please contact the management office to report neighbor concerns, abandoned vehicles, safety hazards, inoperative street lights and sprinklers, noise violations, etc. Hunt wants to help ensure that you and your family are comfortable in your home and have peace of mind regarding your neighborhood. 

  • How do I submit a request to have maintenance repairs in my home?

    • Hunt Military Housing Property Management, LLC (Hunt) provides preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance (service calls) and change-of-occupancy maintenance with in-house maintenance technicians. Our Maintenance Technicians are responsible to the Maintenance Supervisors and Property Managers for the quality and promptness of service provided. A request for maintenance (service call) may be submitted by any of the following ways:

      • Via an online maintenance service request form – routine requests only
      • Via Rent Cafe App - routine requests only - Click HERE for information on the app
      • By telephone to your area Maintenance Service Request Line: 808 839 HELP (4357) 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.  Emergency and urgent requests must be called in to assure prompt response.
      • Or, in person at your Resident Services Office (RSO)

      The maintenance team will respond to requests within the following guidelines:

      • Emergency: Response within 60 minutes, work completed in a day
      • Urgent: Response within 4 hours, completed within three working days
      • Routine: Response within 24 hours, completed within ten working days

      Some examples of each:

      • Emergency: gas leak, fire, electrical shocks/sparks, broken exterior door/windows, broken pipe, leak in roof or walls, no heat (if below freezing outside)
      • Urgent: overflowing toilet, no water or no hot water, no heat (if above freezing outside), clogged kitchen sink, refrigerator leaking or not working
      • Routine: dripping faucet, stove burner inoperable, garbage disposal out, leaking dishwasher

      Life threatening or other emergency situations should be directed to 911 first. 

  • How do I submit a request to install items in and around my home?

    • You must submit a written request at your Resident Services Office (RSO) to make any alterations to the exterior or interior of the home. No changes can be made without written permission from the RSO.

      Alterations that require written permission include, but are not limited to: interior paint changes using standard colors, installing insured satellite dishes that are not secured to any part of the home, fence installation, ceiling fans, etc.

      Changes/additions that are not allowed include, but are not limited to: hot tubs, tree houses, above ground pools larger than 12 inches, and tree swings. 

  • What pets are we allowed to have in our homes?

    • Dogs and cats are permitted only upon prior written consent of the Owner. Dogs generally will not be allowed in those homes that are located on the second floor above another home. Residents who have cats and/or dogs must sign a Pet Addendum and observe all applicable laws. Pets not permitted include Sylvan animals (animals found in the woods or groves such as skunks, rats, raccoons, ferrets, rabbits, and rodents). Wolf hybrids are not permitted in any community. Additionally, barnyard animals such as pigs, chickens and other poultry; exotic animals such as pot-bellied pigs, monkeys, reptiles, arachnids and amphibians will not be permitted in the housing community.

      Animals prohibited under federal, state and local law, are not permitted. In addition, local municipalities may have additional restrictions regarding certain dog breeds. Approved Pets are permitted subject to completion of a Pet Addendum and an annual update. 

      The pet limit per household is two dogs or cats (i.e., 2 dogs or 2 cats or 1 dog and 1 cat). A reasonable number (as determined by NMO) of other pets may be permitted. The determination of reasonableness of the number of birds, fish, and/or other authorized animals is at the sole discretion of the Director of Operations, whose decision will be final.

  • Will I need to maintain my lawn?

    • Hunt is pleased to provide landscaping services (mowing, trimming, edging) of all common areas including greenways, parks, and play areas within the neighborhoods. The front yards of all homes will also be maintained by Hunt. If you have a fenced-in backyard, this will be the only area that you will be responsible to maintain.

      Residents are required keep these areas free of any items that may prohibit the landscaping crews from maintaining these areas. Homes that do not keep their yards free of toys, trash, abandoned items or debris will not be mowed.

      If you desire to maintain your own lawn, please visit the NMO to complete a self-maintained yard form. 

  • How do I request permission to have out of town guests in our home?

    • Guests and guest vehicles must be registered with the Neighborhood Management Office if staying longer than 30 days. Please notify the Neighborhood Management Office in writing prior to your guest's visit.

      Written approval is required for all guests staying over 30 days. 

  • How do I make a suggestion to Hunt?

    • Hunt encourages and welcomes resident communication. You may enjoy the open door policy of the Resident Services Offices and the open forum on our Facebook page. All letters and phone calls will be responded to.

      Other avenues for resident feedback, suggestions and comments are available. Our website has a "contact us" tab where you may get in contact with the Management Team to provide feedback anytime (in-person or electronically.) Also, after every move-in and maintenance service work order, a survey is sent by email via third-party (SatisFacts) where you may provide feedback on our services. Yearly surveys are conducted via third-party (CEL & Associates, Inc. - REACT Resident Satisfaction Survey) with 100% of current residents receiving a survey.

  • How do I request installation of window safety devices for my second story windows?

    • Ohana provides and installs window safety devices for second story windows by resident request. Contact your Resident Services Office to sign the Window Safety Acknowledgment and Request form. We will schedule installation of the devices by appt.

  • Utilities

  • Why did the Navy decide to start RECP?

    • The NAVY RECP is part of a larger Department of Defense initiative to reduce energy consumption. Reductions in utility use as a result of RECP will reduce our dependence on foreign oil, therefore contributing to increased national security, and reduce greenhouse gases and pollution, thus helping to improve the quality of life for all Americans. Furthermore, financial savings resulting from reduced usage will be reinvested in PPV communities to directly improve your quality of life.

  • When will the RECP program start at my installation?

    • The tentative roll out schedule for live billing will vary by the Region of the country where the Navy has PPV homes.

      For more specific information about when the RECP will roll out for a specific installation contact your local Navy housing office (a master list of all Navy installation housing offices is located at

  • How does this program work?

    • The Resident Energy Conservation Program (RECP) establishes like-type groups of housing and measures the average usage for each like-type group every month. A 10% buffer is then added above and below the average to create a normal usage band. Residents participating in the RECP (referred to herein as Qualified Military Tenants or QMTs) will receive monthly statements on how their usage compares to the normal usage band. Those using more than the normal usage band pay for the excess and those using less than will receive a rebate or credit for the difference between the normal usage band and their actual usage

  • How do Sailors and their families benefit from RECP?

    • Dollars saved through conservation will be put right back into the PPV project in the form of capital reinvestments such as new housing, renovations, community amenities, quality of life programs, etc. Sailors will earn rebates if they use less than the normal usage band for their like-type group.

  • How is my usage target determined?

    • Your house will be combined with other housing units into like-type groups (LTG) of metered homes that have similar characteristics that affect home energy performance such as the square footage, age, heating type (electricity vs. gas), and condition of the home. Each month the average usage of utilities for the LTG are developed with a 10% buffer above and below the average to create a normal usage band. Qualified Military Tenants (QMTs) with usage above the normal usage band will pay for the excess and those conserving relative to the normal usage band will receive a rebate for their savings. Please note: household make- up is not a factor in determining targets. LTGs only consider the physical characteristics of the home, not the occupants.

  • What if there is an extremely hot or cold month?

    • Your utility usage target is established on a monthly basis to account for actual weather changes. All members of the LTG are subject to the same weather changes so they are all calculated accordingly.

  • Can I get information about my like-type group?

    • Yes, your Resident Services Manager/Housing Office can provide you with that information.

  • How will this program affect my Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH)?

    • There will be no impact to the BAH allowance.

  • Isn’t a utility allowance already part of my BAH?

    • Yes. An allowance for “normal” or “average” utilities is a part of the BAH. BAH includes an allowance for the following utilities: electricity, gas or other heating fuels, and water/sewer. The BAH includes the cost of utilities based on averages from residents living in the private sector who are directly responsible for paying for their utilities. This program is intended to encourage QMTs to achieve normal usage and to reward them for conservation beyond normal expectations. If you conserve and use utilities wisely within the normal range, you will have no out-of-pocket utility expense and, with a little extra effort, could be eligible for a utilities rebate.

  • How does billing work?

    • Every month Qualified Military Residents (QMT) will receive a monthly statement that shows how their usage compares to the normal usage band for their specific like-type group. QMT's who use less than the normal usage band can accrue a credit or rebate and residents who use more than the upper normal usage band will pay for the excess consumption. Before residents are responsible for payments they will experience a “mock billing period.” Mock billing will allow residents to adjust their consumption before live billing starts. After mock billing the live billing period starts and residents will be directly responsible for their utility usage. "Other qualified tenants" (residents who do not pay with BAH) will receive a billing statement from the third party billing service and they will be required to pay for all gas and/or electric utility usage during the given month. As dictated in the RECP, other qualified residents are exempt from the RECP and, therefore, are responsible for paying their own designated utilities.

  • Does this program mean I have to pay a utility bill every month?

    • No. If your usage is within the normal usage band you will not have to make any payments. Only if you exceed the normal usage band will you have to pay and then only for the amount over the normal usage band. If you are below the normal usage band you will be eligible to receive a rebate for the difference between the amount consumed and the lower end of the usage band.

  • How and when will I expect a rebate or need to make a payment?

    • QMTs whose monthly utilities usage is below the normal usage band will be notified in the monthly utility usage report including the amount of the rebate earned. When the accumulated rebate exceeds $25 the property manager will issue a check to the resident. QMTs have the option to “bank” the savings if they want and use savings to offset future payments. The payments work in a similar fashion – the resident will be notified monthly and will make payment whenever the total owed exceeds $25.

  • How do I know that my utility usage report is correct?

    • Your monthly utility usage report is based on the individual utility meters on your home. The PPV project company will collect information from the meters and develop a usage report for each home. If you feel there are inaccuracies on your bill, please contact your property manager for review.

  • How can I be sure my home is energy efficient?

    • Residents can request their property manager perform an evaluation of the home to ensure that all of the appliances and energy using features of the home are in good order. The property manager will also provide tips on how to make your home more energy efficient.

  • If my neighbor in the same like-type group has a more efficient kitchen appliance, does that entitle me to new appliances?

    • No. We account for these minor differences by utilizing the 10% plus or minus buffer around the utility usage target.

  • We have two children in our family and live in a 3-BR home. Many of our neighbors do not have children. Will the monthly usage average for our like-type group be skewed?

    • The rent for PPV homes is typically the BAH rate. BAH does not vary depending upon family size. Families are assigned to homes appropriate for the size of the family/what they qualify for. LTGs include similar homes in the average calculations, regardless of household makeup.

  • What happens if I don’t pay on time? Will late payments affect my credit?

    • Residents with a past due account will receive delinquency notice letters and a late fee. Extreme delinquencies can result in a notice to vacate housing and can potentially affect your credit. The PPV partnership will work with you to arrange payment plans if you need help making payments.

  • Am I responsible for paying for water usage?

    • At this time PPV homes are generally not individually metered for water, therefore the RECP excludes water usage. Water conservation is very important because excess usage drains funds from the PPV project. You can expect to see the property manager promote water conservation initiatives in your PPV housing area even though most homes are not individually metered.

  • If this is a Department of Navy program, do I have to participate if I am in another branch of Service?

    • All military members, regardless of Branch of Service, living in Navy PPV housing must sign a lease and addendum that requires participation in RECP. The Army and Air Force are transferring responsibility for payment of utilities to residents that live in their privatized housing much like the Navy.

  • How can I reduce my energy usage in PPV housing?

    • The easiest way to reduce your energy usage is by regulating your thermostat to minimize heating and or cooling requirements. Wise use of hot water, lighting and appliances can also contribute significantly to energy savings. Finally, you can request the property manager perform an energy assessment to identify energy savings strategies specific to your home.

  • Is there a waiver policy if a member in my family has a medical circumstance that requires the need to use more energy?

    • Yes, a waiver from the RECP can be requested if your family member is enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member (EFM) program and you can demonstrate the medical condition has a direct impact on utility usage. In addition, handicapped members outside of the EFM may also submit a waiver request for consideration. Each housing office will have procedures for submitting a waiver. Wounded Warriors are exempt from participating in the RECP.

  • What utility rate will I be charged when living in PPV housing?

    • You will be charged the same rate the PPV partner is charged to provide utilities to your home. The rate will be included on your bill and is available at any time by contacting your PPV property manager. Sometimes the utilities are provided by the supporting installation for the PPV project and other instances it will be the rate from a 3rd party utility provider. By law, the PPV partner is not allowed to charge you a higher rate than they pay for utilities.

  • Leasing

  • Do our homes come furnished?

    • Our homes do not come furnished. However, while awaiting the arrival of your household goods, the government can provide you with temporary loaner furniture for a period not to exceed 90 days. This entitlement applies to U.S. military personnel and Department of Defense (DoD) civilians, accompanied and unaccompanied, who are entitled to a household goods (HHG) shipment. Exceptions or waivers due to mitigating circumstances may be approved by the local housing authority. Arrangements for furnishings can be made during your arrival housing briefing at the Housing Service Center; or you can call them at DSN: (315) 474-1820/1821; COM: (808) 474-1820/1821 for more information. Arrangements for loaner furnishings must be made at least three working days prior to the desired delivery date. Please note that washers and dryers are not provided in Navy privatized housing.

  • Are washers and dryers included in all homes upon move-in?

    • Our homes do not have washers or dryers, but the hookups are provided in all homes. We recommend bringing your appliances from your last duty station, purchasing from the NEX, or buying used on an online marketplace. The NEX Major Appliance Center is located at 1141-1161 Nanumea Rd in Honolulu has a wide variety of washer & dryer units you may be interested in purchasing. There are also a number of laundromats and dry cleaning shops that are conveniently located on-base that you can visit. 

  • Do I need to be on island before being placed on a waitlist?

    • At this time, our Navy partners require you to be physically on island before being placed on a waitlist for housing. That doesn’t mean you can’t plan ahead! Check out the “Find a Home” tab to view pictures and floorplans. Our leasing specialists are also just a call away to answer any questions you might have about your desired neighborhood.

  • What if I get orders before my lease expires?

    • Receipt of active duty or DoD orders will automatically let you out of any of our leases. Your RSO is be glad to assist with any details. Just be sure to provide us with 28 days’ notice so we can help you prepare for move out.

  • Will I be charged full BAH?

    • We have many communities that are full BAH and many that are market rate. Market rate homes are a set rate that is not tied to your BAH. Your leasing specialist will help walk you through the pros and cons of each option to help you decide which communities are best for you.

  • Can I get a roommate?

    • Single, active duty members are able to secure roommates who are also active duty. Since all of our homes are 2+ BR, this a great option to save money and make friends!

  • Can I live with my non-active duty significant other?

    • Active duty members may not have family or other roommates live with them who are not immediate family or active duty as well.

  • What is the wait time for my rank and family size?

    • Since we have many options for families, the wait time depends on your priority status, bedroom needs and desired community. It is difficult to predict several months out, but your leasing specialist will make sure that you are provided with all available options as well as a rough wait time estimate. Feel free to call our leasing office at any time for an updated wait time prediction.

  • What is the first step to obtain housing?

    • The first official step once you arrive on island, is to schedule your housing appointment with Navy Housing. This applies even if you are a different branch. Their phone number is (808) 474-1820 and their address is 4825 Bougainville Dr., Honolulu, HI 96818. If you are a civilian, you can contact our leasing office directly at (877) 494-8370.

  • Will I get to tour a few homes before deciding?

    • We like to get families moved right into our homes! Because of this, we do not have any show homes for you to tour. However, we are able to provide virtual showings and 3D floorplans to help you picture each option without having to leave your chair. Once you select a home, you will be able to tour it in person before you move in or sign a lease.

  • When will I get to tour my home?

    • You will most likely be offered a home that is still occupied or is not ready yet. Since we want you to see your home when it is rent ready, you will be able to view your home 2 days before move in. This will give our maintenance team a chance to fix anything that arises during inspection and gives you time to plan ahead for your move and sign your lease.

  • What paperwork should I bring with me to my leasing appointment?

    • Just bring yourself! After you’ve had your appointment with Navy Housing, your counselor will forward us all of the paperwork you provided so you don’t need to bring it again. We’ll be ready for you with some great options!

  • How many pets and what breeds are allowed?

    • We are happy to welcome your furry friends! We allow two pets (cats or dogs) and any caged birds, fish and other cold-blooded animals provided they are permitted under federal, state, and local laws. The following dog breeds are restricted: Pit Bull types and Rottweilers. Pit Bull types of dogs are defined as Pit Bull, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and Staffordshire Terrier. We require a picture and vaccination records for all dogs and cats.

  • Can I move to a different home if my needs change?

    • For active duty members, you will need to apply through Navy housing before moving to a different OMC home (even in the same community). You will not be charged a move over fee if you have an increase in family size or promotion. For most other moves, you will be charged a $1,000 move over fee. Because of this, our leasing team takes extra care to make sure that we get you moved into the perfect home right from the beginning. Civilian renters are not able to move to another home once living in one of our communities.

  • Who can I call as leasing questions arise?

    • Our leasing team is on site Mon-Fri 7AM-5PM HST for you to call with any questions. Feel free to email or message us on FB at any time and we’ll get back to you soon with the most up-to-date information.

  • Can I live in Navy Housing even if I’m part of another branch?

    • Yes! We welcome all active duty branches to live in our community. You will need to check in through your command then, apply through Navy housing to get the process started.

  • What other expenses can I expect other than rent?

    • Active duty members will not be charged for utilities or pet rent. You will only be charged for damages to your home upon move out, but don’t worry, we will do a precheck with you to make sure you are ready to go before moving out. Civilian are responsible for 1 month’s security deposit and their own electric bill from Navy Housing. They are also responsible for pet fees and renter’s insurance as well as move out damage costs.

  • How do I pay my rent?

    • Most active duty residents choose to pay by allotment. This means that rent will automatically be deducted from your paycheck each month and paid directly to OMC. This is the easiest for you. If you choose to pay manually, you will just need to pay one month’s deposit. With this route, you may set up an automatic payment with your bank, or pay with WIPS. Civilians have the option to pay through automatic payment with their bank or through WIPS as well. We at OMC are proud to be paperless and no longer accept paper payments.

  • Also what happens if my spouse is dual?

    • If the home you select is full BAH, the higher ranking spouse will be the primary and will be charged at the “with dependents” rate. IF the higher ranking spouse changes, the primary will switch. Your rent will not change if you are living in a market rate home.

  • What happens if rank changes?

    • If you are living in a full BAH community, you will be moved to a community that matches your ranking if your current community does not match that. Your rent will also increase to your new BAH. If you are in a market rate community, nothing will change.